Loading up the test kiln

loading the kiln with test plates

After another week or working late and a weekend full of yard work and chores, I finally got around to glazing the test plates.   I ended up creating 4 plates and loading them into the small test kiln.   Last night I fired it up and I am hoping by the end of the day to be able to open it up and see how the designs came out.   I checked on it before leaving the house early this morning and there was still 900 degrees of cooling left before I can open it up.  Hopefully, one of these designs will end up being the new design for the household plates.

Even after firing up the kiln, I started thinking up new designs that might be cool.  Who knows, I may make another batch of designs before deciding on one!

Unfortunately, I glazed the plates with clear glaze before taking this picture (dries white).  So super boring photo, I know.  But there is a design under that white coating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *